Thursday, October 30, 2008
not to get too political, but........
Ok, so I'm a died-in-the-wool, hard core, right wing, Bible thumpin' Republican....most of the time. But, I gotta tell ya, as a white mom of a, no, THE most precious, cutest little chunk of gold that God ever dropped on this planet, my black son, I am totally and completely smitten by the photos of Obama and his momma! (wow, could that become a chant much akin to 'Drill Baby Drill---'Obama And His Mama'). I have looked for 9---yes NINE solid years for a piece of artwork ANY piece of artwork--a picture, a lithograph, a sculputre, a poster, ANYTHING of a white mom with an African American little boy in it. NOTHING, I tell you I've come up with nothing!! Oh, I've been gifted with the black cherub, the black Santa, even checked out the black Jesus, but I've not been able to run across that perfect senario so uniquely ours. Sooooooo, guess this kinda proves my point, which is that when one is so closely aligned with a certain set of circumstances, or something happens in ones life that goes really deep, it has the ability to consel out even the slightest shred of objectivity. It happens to all of us....we simply see through the glasses of our own lives. And right now, I can't seem to shake off that image of the white mama holdin' the black child! Again, I'm totally smitten......in many ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment