Friday, October 17, 2008

She's baaaaccckkk!

Ok, Ok, I'm here again!!! At this point, I have no idea what to rant or rave about....life seems to be plugging along nicely, albeit a tad too fast!!!

I was able to have lunch yesterday, with an old friend. I mean I have not laid eyes on this guy for approx. 30, yes, 30 years!!! Wow, that was crazy! He was a roomate at one time...now let me explain that just in case little, oh, let's say, little 11 yr. old eyes read this. Anyway, WAY back in my late teens/very early twenties I had a couple of roomates that were and still are life-long treasured friends, that remain that to this day. We were a sort of Three's Company's deal, one guy, two chicks! Nothing romantic going on, just friends who decided we could get a nicer place if we pooled our lives and our money! And that we did---it was a great place. A 4 bedroom apt. in university town in Florida (which now is home to the USF Bulls-who, BTW, VERY unexpectedly cleaned the clock of my beloved WV Mountaineers last season-but I'm way off course here). Anyway, the apartment was a grand one---had tons of room, a huge vaulted ceiling with a spiral staircase leading up to 3 additional bedrooms and a full bath. It came with washer/dryer, great kitchen (not that we cooked at all, probably just dried out, ummm, well nevermind), had a couple of pools and, the best part was, university students as neighbors!!! Life was great! We made some great memories, mixed in with several, probably many, crazy ones. As a result, we all stayed true friends, way beyond what we would have ever thought possible. Ok, so this guy was passing through Hotlanta this weekend and called, so we got together. Now I don't make it a practice of meeting men for lunch, however, dear hubby knows the entire circumstance and he was perfectly fine with this appointment. We were hoping he could join us, but was too busy at work. Jimbo and I shared a sweet time of laughter and reminisance. He hadn't changed a bit! After a long lunch, he had to be on his way to the great sister state of NC (!). As I pondered our time together, I decided to make a list of my long term friendships. I counted 9....Nine people of whom I have been friends with my entire adult life! That seems like a lot to me. These are people that I feel like I could call day or night, for anything at anytime. They still love me in spite of my crows feet, hot flashes and big bottom!! I don't get the feeling that Jimbo even noticed those things--yeah, right! But that is a sense of true love, true friendship, life long and solid. It's not going anywhere. The first one, or maybe last, depending on how ya count, on my list is one who has been there the longest. The list begins, and probably will end with her. I knew her before....almost before our time began!! She is my namesake....and she knows who she is. I love you, L. J., thanks for the fun, the friendship, the memories that we share. It won't end till the end!

No comments: