So I go back to the dentist, as scheduled yesterday, to have these two stupid mid-life cavities filled. Now, I'm not historically a known to be a 'good' dental patient....I have to have my amunition in place to even get in the door when I know there is a drill in my near future. So I arrived, Xanix ingested, Pepto bismal in hand, extra cash (to pay for the laughing gas) and ready to go. She filled the top one, no problem, took all of 15 minutes. I was doing just fine. BTW, although I feel a bit like 'Hannible Lector" (never actually saw the movie, but who hasn't heard!) because of the face mask thing, I do really love the gas. Then came the lower one..... she could not get me numb enough to do the work...wow, she had to hit me up with extra anesthesia, then try and drill, then more shots, then try and drill, then yet another shot of the juice before she could actually drill! I had at least 4 attempts at getting numb before she finally got there.....and almost 3 hrs. later I was driving away. C'mon....this was ridiculous!!! My childish self decided I would never return to another dentist as long as I lived, however, I will plan on doing to opposite. Instead of getting a check up every 6 months, I am going to get one every 3 months, so we can catch anything that even looks suspicious very very early on. This dentist has this fancy-smancy lasor drill that she can use without the numbing agents on certain situations....THAT'S my kind of dentistry! Well, so much for my attempt at further boring you at each post! Sorry, I just HAD to express my frustration at the whole thing!
Love your teeth,
Lisa
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment