Monday, January 14, 2008

It's a typical day in the neighborhood....

My DH and I are sitting on our hind ends this evening watching TV. Nothing much on really, as usual. He has control of the buttons for the moment....we don't squabble over that too much, we tend to take turns (usually!). Anyway, I am busy busy busy pouring over web sites switching back and forth between make up artistry and wedding sites, throughly enjoying and basking in the glories of being female, while he was completely content having his testosterone-fest switching back and forth between some goofy Star Track and the latest adventures of Spider Man! How have we made it for 23 years!?! He decided to call it a day and he handed over the remote....I proceded to watch anything-but-that and ended up with old reruns of Designing Women....I LOVED those Women, I still do! I LOVED the 80's! Looks like they are coming back in their own way. The classic big Texas-hair, the shoulder pads, those huge gaudy earrings that matched perfectly with the bold colors of silk button- downs with over-sized collars. Not to mention those incredible impeccable interiors of cranberries, yellows, peaches, teals and emeralds. Which 'Women' was your fav?? They are all great in their own way, I could never just pick one as a fav., depends on what mood I'm in. The writers did a great job at capturing and combining so many attributes of the female in each character and developing them through out the years. And yes, I watched each and every episode multiple times---I even have the DVD of the 'best of''s!
Well, you can see by this post that things are coasting along in a fairly mundane way around here, which, with 2 away in college, could change at any moment! Sooooo, until the next crisis hits I'll leave you with this thought,

'Georgia, sweet Georgia, got chu on my mind".....(think Ray Charles at the white baby grand!)

Good bye to Julia, Mary Jo, Suzanne and Charlene.....we miss you!!!

Ok, I know that was totally off the charts goofy, but I can't help it, and it's WAY better that Superman!

No comments: