Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'm one of 'The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything'!!

I just realized, yesterday, on this hidious, ridiculously long, torturously terrible drive home last night (from the heart of overcrowded, overpriced obnoixous Alpharetta to the the rural emerald pastures of Loganville) that I am, in theory, one of those Veggie Tales's Pirates!! It isn't news to me, but it was reinforced once again to me at my strategy class yesterday, that, although I have my 'many daily tasks at hand' that I work on (I think I covered this subject on previous posts) I have this strangely amazing job that either I don't really have, or that I just don't work at much!!! I'll explain what the hect I'm saying....on arrival at the posh Embassy Suites yesterday, each white lab jacket-ed Clinique consultant was greeted with an incredibly huge smile, big hearted hug, tons of very upbeat music, clapping, laughing, dancing and singing! The convention room (the same one we meet at 2-3 times per yr) was decked out in orange (for our signature fragrance-HAPPY) and silver balloons, silver trays, hershey's kisses linen table clothes, ect, ect, ect. It was a real party atmosphere, and the theme this season, happens to be "Let's start a party"! And party we did!!! The whole day we discussed our business that was elegantly wrapped around party games, give aways, great food and fun! We tried new product, reviewed established product, examined new Trends and learned alot. We lunched together in the dining room fit for a Queen (did I mentioned we also had tiaras!), candle lit desserts, and impecable service. This is nothing new for us....we are consistantly teated extremely well, given over 100 dollars worth of product in a lovely bag and we are paid a very nice wage for each hour spent there. In addition many of us achieved 'accredited consultant' status yesterday. We were presented with a gorgeous custom made jade-n-sterling braclet that was designed and created by Links of London, the jeweler in London that Clinique does all their business with. And blah blah blah, never end to the perks and quirks that befell us!!! Now, lest you think I brag, the interesting 'don't do anything' part is that despite all the high energy pagentry and pats on the back, I really do very little to ZERO work! I have NO, NOT ONE, ZERO, NADA hours this month to work! The same thing happened last July (retailers hold their inventory and fiscal junk in July and January). I had only 15 hours last MONTH, not week, MONTH in December....it's retail at Christmas, hello! November was better, as was October, but on a good month I work only 20-25 hrs! I go in at 11 and am off counter by 4---better than banker's hours! (By the way,No work still=no pay!!!!) I'm not really complaining that much, just making an observation, that I have this really great company who has given me wonderful opportunity and lots of 'at-a-boys,' titles, celebration and products but I hardly ever work! I guess I could even call myself one of those "Hollywood Movie Stars Who Don't Do Anything" or anything else I wanted to be....how about if I'm one of those "Heart Surgeons Who Don't Do Anything", as long as I don't perform I can be one of those "anythings Who Don't Do Anything". Well, I think you've heard enough of my rants and raves for one post.... besides I need to get back to the O.R. !!!

No comments: